Our employees average more than 8 years of tenure in engineering, manufacturing, shipping and receiving, maintenance and other skilled positions.
As opportunities become available at WB Manufacturing, we seek to hire employees that best fit our needs. We offer both full-time and seasonal part-time employment.
Perform duties to move products, inventory and other materials throughout the facility to help fulfill orders and ensure an efficient flow of product.
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Practice proper safety rules and procedures
- Clean off all express lines
- Assist in putting away received materials
- Coordinate orders from each work center to meet due dates
- Move materials around the facility as needed
- Monitor work orders for material requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Previous forklift training and experience
- Hand power tool experience
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work well within a team
- Airlift training
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to use power tools and assemble prototypes
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Able to bend, twist, and turn repeatedly
- Acute visual and auditory abilities
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to work overtime when needed
- Patience: Displays willingness to ensure everything is safely secured and in proper condition before moving.
- Communication: Able to clearly and openly communicate with team in a professional manner.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a tam to achieve goals and deliverables.
WB Manufacturing, LLC, located in Thorp, WI is a growing company seeking a motivated, experienced Cost Accountant for our operations. We are a manufacturer of laminated and melamine products for the industrial, educational, commercial, health & fitness markets.The Cost Accountant will be responsible for the accuracy of financial transactions for inventory, materials, labor, and overhead. This requires assisting with and completing reporting and analysis for the monthly closing process, provide cost and profitability estimates, support the annual budgeting process and development/verification of product standards in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position is expected to thoroughly understand the production process and capabilities including a full understanding of our ERR/MRP system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and posting of cost accounting transactions as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly financial operational reporting. Partner with management and the accounting team to improve plant operations and drive financial results.
- Providing analysis for changes in plant profitability.
- Completing reconciliations of related balance sheet accounts.
- Maintaining, validating and reconciliation of monthly costing data as assigned.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and highlight areas where improvements can be identified.
- Partner with operations and other departments to identify cost saving opportunities and strategic initiatives which will drive profit improvements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining standard costs for raw materials, subassemblies, supplies, work-in-process, and finished goods.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation for new standards’ development and critical monthly procedures.
- Provide and load costing inputs for the annual budgeting process and monitoring on a quarterly basis for possible adjustments.
- Maintain the integrity of the perpetual inventory records including review of transactions for accuracy.
- Develop various manufacturing related financial models and projections in support of all levels of the organization.
- Providing audit support.
- Preparing various government reports as assigned.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Cost Accountant will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related discipline.
- 7-10 years of relevant financial analytical or related experience.
- Prior manufacturing industry experience or exposure.
- Research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate across all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, employee development, strong problem-solving and employee relations skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- With demonstrated proficiency with ERP & Financial Systems and Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Superior organization, analytical abilities, detail orientation and teamwork capabilities and focus.
- Exhibits strong self-motivation, results focused with a positive attitude and goal oriented.
- Successfully able to work independently under minimum supervision.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed almost exclusively in an office environment at a computer.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Regularly access other work departments/work centers (some walking, bending, occasional stooping, lifting of light materials).
- Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer usage and general office tasks.
- Safety hazards are minimal.
Senior Maintenance Technician
WB Manufacturing, LLC, located in Thorp, WI is a growing company seeking a highly qualified, motivated, experienced Senior Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will be one who is looking to make a long-term commitment to our growing company and who has a proven track record of keeping production running at maximum efficiency. We are a manufacturer of custom work surfaces, tables, furniture, and casework for the commercial, education, health, and industrial markets. The position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager,
As our Senior Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for identifying, diagnosing, and repairing machinery and other systems as needed in a timely manner. You will need to possess specialized skills including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, PLC control systems & administrative functions for our operations. You must have the ability to train other technicians on technical aspects as well as mechanical equipment, and perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Pay Range: $36 - $40 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Practice OSHA safety standards and support team safety awareness.
- Maintain all internal equipment, external facilities and equipment for proper operation and safety.
- Coordinate and prioritize assigned daily workload based on the schedule.
- Independently troubleshoot complex, automated equipment with a high degree of quality in a sustained quick and reliable problem solving and corrective process.
- Perform and lead planned maintenance activities, including preventive maintenance & predictive maintenance throughout production as well as the facility.
- Continue to learn complex equipment by studying equipment manuals, conduct research and utilizing internal knowledge to keep abreast of new technologies, processes, and equipment.
- Make suggestions and work on continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate equipment failures and technical issues.
- Train within the Maintenance Technician group on increasing technical knowledge and capabilities of less experienced technicians.
- Perform equipment failure analysis (including preventive and predictive unscheduled maintenance).
- Technically identify and support process optimization through equipment design improvements, changes to operating procedures and maintenance activities. Assist with corrective actions to eliminate recurring problems.
- Understand metrics for the maintenance team and how they compare to the goals.
- Assist in maintaining and the purchase of spare parts, materials, and equipment for preventive and corrective maintenance purposes.
- Assist with written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Perform other maintenance duties and lead special projects as required or assigned.
- May be required to work on other shifts and be willing to be “on call” as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the PLC’s, Electrical, VFD’s, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and HVAC preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive and practical experience performing maintenance on complex automated manufacturing equipment. Must have extensive experience working with PLC controllers, electrical components, reading electrical drawings, mechanical, pneumatics & administrative skills.
- Strong working knowledge with industrial machinery and PLC controlled equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and structural drawings.
- Outstanding troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to use all many different types of hand tools, instruments, and gauges.
- Ability to continuously broaden knowledge and scope in maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Must be able to provide service on an emergency basis, including nights and weekends and during plant shutdown, and provide technical support of the entire operation as needed.
- Must be computer proficient with preferred experience working with PLC software, maintenance software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Able to direct, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Must be highly self-motivated and dependable.
Production Floor Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Purpose of Position: Responsible for leading, managing, coordinating, and overseeing the day-to-day production and quality standards on assigned shift to maximize production efficiency and labor utilization while maintaining a safe work environment.
Pay Range: $22 - $24 per hour. $2.50 per hour shift differential
- Direct and coordinate operations and activities on shift to achieve company goals.
- Plan and establish work schedules, employee assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Effectively communicate with all departments to ensure production schedules are achieved.
- Provide leadership and direction to employees to ensure accurate job standards are followed and recorded appropriately.
- Communicate results against published goals to Plant Production Manager and employees and use results to incorporate accountability and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Define and develop a cross training program to create a flexibly workforce allowing coverage for all key functions throughout the year.
- Aid in the development and implementation of process control improvements within the departments for cost savings and employee efficiencies.
- Hire, develop, supervise, support, and evaluate employees in areas of responsibility to include supporting positive employee relations; enforcing company policies, work center procedures, and safety procedures; ensuring company policies are administered consistently and equitably; recommending and executing personnel actions; addressing associate complaints and resolving issues; completing routine administrative tasks such as approving time and attendance, reviewing vacation schedules, conducting employee reviews, etc.
- Proactively support continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with daily shipping and receiving duties as needed.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Associate degree with at least five (5) years in Manufacturing environment; plus a minimum of two years of supervisory experience. A combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of progressively more responsible work experience in related field will be considered.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacturing of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Must possess excellent problem resolution, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
Will follow WB Manufacturing’s policies and procedures in Plant Production. Manager must maintain a well functioning department. Always maintain good working relationships. Promote and support Company goals and visions.
Position will have working relationships with all facets of WB Manufacturing.
Full time, regular employees are able to take advantage of the following programs during employment at WB Manufacturing:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical or Dependent Care Costs
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
WB Manufacturing extends equal opportunities for employment to all individuals regard less of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, handicap and all other protected classes recognized under applicable local, state or federal law.
Drug Free Workplace
Due to our complex and extensive manufacturing equipment found within our work environment, WB Manufacturing has a zero tolerance policy and maintains a drug-free workplace. Safety first.